Updated: Mar 20, 2020
It sure has been quite a week for all of us. I hope you are hanging in there.
ART YARD partnership schools PS6 and MS226 are both gearing up for virtual learning. We are grateful to have been invited to join in the instruction and are learning how to use the programs so that ART YARD can present virtual art lessons.
At PS 6 students continue to present the morning announcements, which include the weather, the Pledge of Allegiance and words of encouragement for the day. This is a still image from the announcement this morning:
To keep ART YARD Advanced Studio engaged in art making and thinking about art, we have created a page on our site called CREATE.
CREATE is an open forum for artists and creative people of all ages.
This is how it works:
1. First you must become a member on this site. We are notified when you sign up. Then we must approve your membership.
2. On the CREATE page we will post an idea to encourage and inspire art making, discussion and community. Use whatever materials you have available to artistically respond to the idea of the week. A tiny doodle, a painting, a sculpture, a photograph – the manifestation is completely up you.
3. To post find the thread towards the bottom of the page which begins with CREATE!, then you may "post a comment" (which can include a picture, a video, or text).
4. You can also start a thread on another topic to share your ideas, pictures and artwork.
Keep in mind ART YARD is a sanctuary where everyone is treated with kindness and respect. We are a community of creative thinkers, expansive dreamers, and well-educated art makers.
Please note that disrespectful content will not be tolerated. CREATE will be monitored to insure we uphold the standards of the ART YARD community.
Check out our first two threads:
CREATE! Monday, March 16, 2020
Inspiration: “Depict your hand in such a way that conveys emotion.”
CREATE! Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Inspiration: “Depict a REFLECTION of a hand.”
5. I will collect all of the images posted for the inspiration/topic and then put them on the ART YARD CREATE Galleries page.
Here is a video tutorial on how to access CREATE:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Teaching Artist Quentin Williamston!
Now it's time to CREATE!